“ABC Music & Me” builds early literacy and language skills through music.
Age range: 1 to 6 years
Class structure: Thematic units
Class length: 30 minutes (can vary)
Created for the child enrolled in a childcare centres or preschools or kindergartens, ABC Music & Me is a research-based language and early literacy program built around music. This class helps children ages 2 to 6 develop pre-literacy and language skills through a child’s favorite rituals: music and story time.
ABC Music & Me supports the early childhood standards and requirements for “high quality programs” as defined by the National Institute for Early Education in US.
What you’ll experience in class
• Songs and rhymes to develop phonetic awareness and early reading skills
• Tapping, clacking, and ringing rhythm instruments in time with music to improve hand-eye coordination
• Focused listening with music to improve skills in following directions
• Instrument play to strengthen fine motor skills
• Developmentally-appropriate songs to develop vocal chords and expressive speech
• Learning that emphasizes storytelling, imaginative play, and taking turns
• Developmentally-appropriate curriculum for children 2 to 6 years old
• 4-week semester with 12 different monthly themes (can vary by location)
• Weekly 30-minute class (can vary by location)
• Monthly Student Kit that includes a Family Magazine, CD with all the music from class, and an instrument every other month (content many vary for School Edition)